To connect to Facebook Messenger, open the app on your phone and sign in. From there, you can start chatting with friends or join groups with people you know. You can also use Facebook Messenger to send and receive messages, share photos and videos, and more. If you're not sure how to do something on Facebook Messenger, just ask a friend for help.
What are the steps to connecting to Messenger?
To connect to Facebook Messenger, follow these steps:
Once you have connected to Facebook Messenger, you can start sending and receiving messages by following these simple steps:
To reply to a friend's message, just type out a response in the text box below it and hit Send . Your message will be sent immediately without having to wait for an answer! You can also use buttons along the bottom of each message window like Reply All , Flag for Review , and More Options . (You won't be able to reply directly through chat if someone is currently video chatting with another person.)
When you're done messaging with a friend, just close out of their conversation by clicking Close Conversation near the top right corner of each message window or tapping Done on a mobile device.(You can also swipe left across any conversation threads in order to close them all at once.)
Note: You'll only be able to send basic chat commands while using video call mode - such as typing "Send" instead of "Type.
- Open Facebook on your computer.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Under General, click Accessibility and then click Messenger at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your login information and click OK to finish setting up your account.
- On your computer, open Facebook and sign in if you haven't already done so.
- In the top left corner of the main screen, click Messages . If you don't see Messages , click More . (If you're using a mobile device, tap Messages from the Home screen.)
- Tap one of your friends' names or profile photos to open their message thread (if they are online). If not, scroll down to find them and tap their name or photo again to start viewing their messages.(If someone has blocked you from seeing their messages, they will appear with a red X next to their name.)
Where can I find the Messenger app?
Facebook Messenger is a messaging app with features similar to those of the regular Facebook app, but it is designed for one-to-one communication. You can access Facebook Messenger on your phone or computer. To use Facebook Messenger on your phone, open the Facebook app and sign in. To use Facebook Messenger on your computer, visit facebook.com/messenger and sign in.
To start a conversation with someone who is using Facebook Messenger, you first need to find their name (or profile picture) in the list of people you know. If the person you want to talk to isn't listed, try searching for them by name or profile picture. Once you've found the person you want to talk to, click on their name (or profile picture) and then click on the "Start a conversation" button at the bottom of the screen.
You can also start a conversation by typing a message into the chat box that appears when you open Facebook Messenger on your phone or computer. If someone has sent you a message while you're offline, they'll be able to see your new message when they next open Facebook Messenger.
When you're ready to end a conversation, just tap on the X next to the person's name (or profile picture). You won't be able to send messages to that person anymore until they reactivate their account or until they change their privacy settings so that friends can contact them again via Message from this Page."
How do I add people as contacts?
Where can I find out more about using Facebook messenger?.
- On your desktop browser go:facebook.com/settings Under "Who can send me messages?" select "Add people". Enter their email address(es). Click Save Changes! They will now appear as contacts under Messages On This Page when viewing any of your posts or Pages!How do I remove people from my contact list? On your desktop browser go:facebook.com/settings Under "Who can send me messages?" select "Remove people". Select each individual email address(es). Click Remove Changes!5] They will no longer appear as contacts under Messages On This Page when viewing any of your posts or Pages!"
- "Visit facebookhelp Center for more information about how best use our products.""Check out our support pages which include troubleshooting tips and FAQs specific to each product.""Search for answers to common questions on our Community Forum.""Read user reviews and ratings before deciding whether or not this product is right for you."5]"Watch helpful videos posted by other users.""Get help from an expert through live chat sessions offered during business hours (US & Canada).""Sign up for our monthly newsletter which offers tips & tricks specific TO THAT MONTH'S PRODUCT!""Tap 'more' (three lines down from where 'sign in' appears), then 'Apps & Features'. Find 'Messenger'. Tap it then choose how often ('weekly', 'daily', etc.) notifications will come through--you don't have turn off notifications completely if desired!"9}"Check out this blog post for step-by-step instructions:"10]"Take advantage of FB's built-in customer service should anything go wrong--just search for `fb customer service` inside FB messenger!"11]"For Android users: Try downloading ChatWrangler App which allows multiple chats simultaneously without having separate apps installed.""12]"There are many third party apps available that offer additional features such as stickers and voice transcription.""13]"If all else fails...try restarting both devices involved - sometimes things just take awhile till they sync up properly.""14}"If none of these suggestions work - please reach out directly via FB's Help Center ."15]
Do I need a Facebook account to use Messenger?
Yes, you need a Facebook account to use Messenger. You can sign up for a free account at www.facebook.com or create an account using your mobile phone number. After you create an account, you can connect with friends and family on Facebook to send and receive messages in Messenger. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can sign up for one at
Can I message anyone on Facebook if I'm not friends with them?
If you want to message someone who is not a friend on Facebook, you will first need to add them as a friend. After they are added as a friend, you can then message them.
You can also send a private message to someone if you want to talk with them privately. To do this, click on the “Message” button next to their name and start typing your message. You can also attach photos or videos if you want to share something specific with that person.
How do I start a conversation on Messenger?
To start a conversation on Messenger, you first need to open the app and sign in. Once you're logged in, you can see all of your conversations (including old ones) by going to your Home screen and tapping on the three lines in the top left corner of the app.
To start a conversation with someone, just tap on their name or photo. You can then type a message and hit send. If they're already talking, they'll get a notification that you've started a conversation. They can either respond right away or continue talking without interruption.
If you want to stop talking with someone, just swipe left from their name or photo until it disappears off of your screen.
What features does Messenger have?
How to add friends on Messenger?How to send messages on Messenger?What is the difference between Facebook and Messenger?What are some of the benefits of using Messenger?
Facebook Messenger is a messaging app that was created by Facebook in 2011. It has since become one of the most popular messaging apps with over 1 billion active users.
Is there a limit to how many people I can chat with at once on Messenger?
There is no limit to how many people you can chat with at once on Messenger. However, if you want to keep your conversation private, you'll need to set up a separate conversation for each person you want to talk to. You can also join group conversations and send messages from multiple accounts in a group chat simultaneously.